2. Select a patient in your clinical setting with an ordered antiparkinsonism drug. Determine which drug class the drug belongs to. Compare the drug to other drugs in the identified class and to drugs in other antiparkinsonism classifications.
3. Select a patient in the clinical setting with an ordered antiparkinsonism drug who does not have Parkinson’s disease. Determine why the patient is getting the drug. Explain the desired therapeutic actions.
4. Conduct Internet research to find a current theory of the cause of Parkinson’s disease. A good place to start the search is the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke at http://www.ninds.nih.gov. Summarize the theory and compare the theory to the clinical presentation of Parkinson’s disease.
5. You are assigned to a 40-year-old male with a diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease who is starting on a new regimen of Sinemet. Conduct an Internet search to find information that you can use in teaching the patient about his medication. Develop appropriate teaching guides for the patient.
Note at the end
1. Define coronary artery disease and identify the signs and symptoms of coronary artery
Coronary heart disease is a disease in which a waxy matter or substance known as…